B.A. University of Texas
J.D. South Texas College of Law
“Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it, wherever found, against the wrong.”
— Theodore Roosevelt
Shane McClelland represents both businesses and individuals in state and Federal Courts throughout the country in all aspects of civil litigation, with a focus on employment law, commercial litigation, personal injury law and appellate law.
Before becoming a partner at Simon Herbert & McClelland, LLP, Shane practiced in the business and employment litigation section at Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P., a national law firm. While there, Shane was a member of a team of lawyers who litigated multi-million dollar cases, including employment contract disputes, business disputes, employment discrimination and harassment cases, as well as oil and gas contract disputes, commercial real estate lease disputes and premises liability claims.
Shane has successfully argued cases before the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, including oral arguments for a copyright case and a commercial dispute.
After law school, Shane spent two years as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Marcia A. Crone in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Beaumont Division. While in law school, he interned on the Houston (First) Court of Appeals for Justice George C. Hanks (now a United Magistrate Judge in the Southern District of Texas) and served as a summer associate for then-Attorney General (now United States Senator), John Cornyn.
Shane is licensed to practice in the state of Texas, as well as the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
He graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a bachelor of arts in history and earned his law degree from South Texas College of Law, where he was an Editor on the Law Review and a traveling member of several of South Texas’s moot court teams.
He is currently a member of the Houston Bar Association and the Texas Trial Lawyers Association.
In 2008, Shane won the Texas Young Lawyers Association President’s Award of Merit for authoring sections in Employment Handbook for Small Businesses.
Shane is ranked as a Superb and Top Employment Attorney ranking on Avvo.
Shane has written and co-authored numerous articles and given several speeches, including:
- Employment & Labor Relations Law, ABA Journal, Vol. 6, Issue 4: Rule 68 in Employment Litigation: The Who, What, When, and How (co-author).
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P. Protecting Business Assets: Unfair Competition, Non-Competes & Trade Secrets Newsletter, Sword & Shield: The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, January 2007 (co-author).
- Civil Pretrial Proceedings: All I Really Need To Know I Learned in First-Year Law School, Jefferson County Bar Association, Beaumont, Texas, January 2007 (co-author).
- A Sword and Shield—The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and How Employers Can Protect Their Trade Secrets, Privacy & Data Security Law Journal, December 2006 (contributor).
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P. National Employment Perspective Newsletter, Texas Supreme Court Revises Non-Compete Enforcement Standards, October 2006 (contributor).
Should you have any questions, please contact Shane via telephone (713-987-7100) or with the following contact form: